It’s hard to kill your darlings. To let go of something that you spent hours (days/weeks/years) creating but that’s what we do when we engage on any creative endeavor. It’s especially true with tabletop roleplaying games where the visitants tend to want a hand in the creative process. They’re not passive observers of the story but active participants. RJD20 and James discuss how to hold your writing in an open hand and allow your players a seat at the table when you’re playing even as you do much of your harder worldbuilding at your desk between games.
- RJD20 Blog – This is RJ’s blog and it’s exceptional. The worldbuilding content here is specific to TTRPGs but anyone can gain something from its worldbuilding content.
- RJ on Twitter – @RJD20 writes.
- Villain Backgrounds Volume 1 – Available currently for only $1
- Facebook Group – This is RJ’s Facebook group and is a great place to join in on the fun and talk to RJ.
Links and Sundry
- GURPS Supplements – do yourself a favor and give these a read. They’re honestly phenomenal and worth every penny no matter what your worldbuilding aims or medium is.
WorldCraft Club Episode Connector
- Join the Club – We love our Patrons and they make this world(crafting club) go round, join us for exclusive episodes, memes and a say in the direction of the pod
- Facebook Page – Our community here is rapidly growing and super fun, it’s also a great way to find out more about what we’re up to
- Discord – Well, color yourself invited to our Discord channel where you can jaw with us about worldbuilding. This is really where the magic happens.
- The Website – Oh yeah! We’ve got one of these too, check it out if you want to keep track of the blog where numerous authors talk all things worldbuilding. It’s updated sometimes.