Ferror, the world of DinoBeasts, is merciless. Only the strong survive, the ones who pass the frequent testing of her savage jungles filled with deadly beasts. DinoBeasts is an action packed comic about a barbarian, the last of his species, on a desperate race against to the clock to recover a salamander princess who was kidnapped by ruthless adversaries but finds himself pitted, not only against foes of flesh and blood, but the very world itself. Today on the WorldCraft Club we talk with the Coats Brothers, creators of this comic, and find out how they convey this savage world to their readers. From the color palette, the line work and visual style to the pace of stories that are so often constrained and tricky with the comic book medium as the power of visuals is balanced against page real estate. How do you create a world where death is the norm and communicate danger from every pore? Find out in this fantastic discussion.
Go Find These Guys!
- DinoBeasts Website!
- John Coats – Colors and Story
- James Coats – Art and Linework
- DinoBeasts Facebook Page
Come Talk to Us
- Join the Club – We love our Patrons and they make this world(crafting club) go round, join us for early episodes, memes and a say in the direction of the pod
- Facebook Page – Our community here is rapidly growing and super fun, it’s also a great way to find out more about what we’re up to
- Discord – Well, color yourself invited to our Discord channel where you can jaw with us about worldbuilding or help us with a collaborative project
- The Website – Oh yeah! We’ve got one of these too, check it out if you want to keep track of the blog where numerous authors talk all things worldbuilding. It’s updated weeklyish.